Re: double-wide sampling with soft-core

From: Floris Buelens (floris_buelens_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2009 - 12:02:36 CST

Ah right, that clears up my confusion - what's described in the documentation does make perfect sense. When I referred to linear spacing of intermediate states I was still thinking of the code as it's currently implemented, which doesn't allow a separate comparison lambda to be given for the reverse transformation.
Personally I would benefit from an implementation of lambda lists, I've been working with a replica exchange scheme that exchanges lambda values, which would be cleaner if each simulation could know the lambda values of its neighbours at all times... but for plain FEP I'd say a tcl wrapper is certainly good enough.
One minor point, there's an explicit alchDoubleWideSampling parameter documented, maybe this could be dropped and inferred from the use of both lambdaPlusDelta and MinusDelta?

best regards,

Floris