Re: abf convergence problems

From: Jerome Henin (jhenin_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2009 - 11:52:29 CST

Hi Jorgen,

I recommend running the calculation in two separate windows (say,
[-180:0] and [0:180]). There are several reasons to do that:
1) it's easier to get even sampling in narrower windows
2) you can run them in parallel (linear scaling!)
3) it avoids the behavior where the angle always rotates in the same
direction, which gives an asymmetric (and wrong) PMF.

Jerome