Re: problem in fitting Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2009 - 19:00:12 CST

Actually the tutorial is not wrong. In step 20 on page 40 of the
current Unix/Mac version of the NAMD tutorial, there is an a0^3,
where a0 = kbT. However, this a0^3 is under the square root along
with Pi, making it 3/2 overall. Will changing this correct your fit?

Also, did you normalize your distribution? This is an option in the
Histogram window of xmgrace. Not having done that may explain why
you get values greater than 1.