Re: Gradient tolerance nan for A three-atom simulation

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2009 - 16:14:48 CST

Well, what your exclude should be set to depends on your model (you said
you developed it yourself, so this is really your choice, and should be
included in your parameterization). However, if you have 1-4 or 1-3
exclusions and stretch your bonds to 10 A, the two atoms at either end
of your 3 atom system will be more than the cutoff distance apart, which
is what leads to this error... so perhaps you should use 1-2 exclusion
(which is a fairly frequent choice in CG models).
Peter