build script in charm++-5.9 does not find mpicc or mpicxx for mpi-linux version

From: Sabuj Pattanayek (sabuj.pattanayek_at_vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2006 - 12:31:56 CST

Hi,

I'm getting a configure error while trying to build charm++ (so that I
can eventually build namd). The error is given in the forwarded email
below I had originally sent to the charm++ developers (no response yet).

In addition to what I have already tried below, I also tried adding
--basedir=/path/to/mpich2 in the charm++ build line but that didn't help.

Thanks,
Sabuj Pattanayek