Re: Re: seg fault and namdplot problem

From: Cheri M Turman (Cheri.M.Turman_at_uth.tmc.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 18:58:30 CDT

Thanks for the last commments, Jim. I ended up installing csh.
However, new problem...sorry to be such a bother, but I started using
xmgrace which is the new version of xmgr and the plotting would freeze
up not plotting anything/nothing in temp file created. I figured your
namdplot was written for the older version of xmgr so I went and found
4.1.2-10. Now, I get xmgr to open, give the filename as title, put TS
as default on x axis, but nothing on y axis. The terminal gives:
Read ended, non-numeric found on line at or near beginning of file.
Have you used your script with the newer versions of namd? Do you have
quick hint on how to change the namdplot script to account for the
header generated in the namd logfile? I also wonder if xmgr doesn't
like the initial step, gradient tolerance and bracket terms produced
intermittently in the logfile? Thanks for the tips!
Cheers,
Cheri
   Cheri M. Turman
   Graduate Student
   University of Texas-Houston Medical School
    6431 Fannin
    Houston, TX 77030

    e-mail: cheri.m.turman_at_uth.tmc.edu
    Ph.: 713-500-6126