NEW SALSA AND RUEDA CLASSES STARTING NEXT MONTH!

From: Muge Dizen (mdizen@S.PSYCH.UIUC.EDU)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 11:45:10 CDT

    SALSA & RUEDA CLASSES
    ======================

    Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Salsa and Beginner Rueda

    Place : All classes are at the McKinley Foundation, Westminster Hall
    (located on the corner of 5th and Daniel in Champaign)

    Big Room with Air conditioning!

    Beginner Salsa Class
    ====================
    Thursdays, 7:30 - 8:45 PM
    July 10 - August 7

    This class is for those of you who are new to the dance, or for those who
    want a refresher course. This class will focus on the principles of
    leading and following, basic steps and turns, and cross-body leads.
    We will also teach Merengue & Bachata!

    Intermediate Salsa Class
    ========================
    Thursdays, 6:00 - 7:15 PM
    July 10 - August 7

    This class is for people who have taken any beginners class before and
    want to develop their dancing. We will build on the basic steps and
    turns, adding new steps, moves, and combinations.

    Advanced Salsa Class
    ====================
    Tuesdays, 5:15 - 6:30 PM
    July 8 - August 5

    Advanced moves, turns, combinations, and footwork
    Prerequisite: being very comfortable at the intermediate level

    Beginner Rueda Class
    ====================
    Tuesdays, 6:45 - 8:00 P.M.
    July 8 - August 5

    This class teaches you how to dance Cuban-style salsa figures in a circle
    with rapid partner-switching. As seen in the movie, "Dance With Me," rueda
    is of high energy and a lot of fun.
    The class will progress quickly, so some salsa experience is preferred.
    Taught by Yuri Sohn & Ji Miao

    Each session (5 classes in total) is $30.
    No partner is required.

    For more info contact:
    Muge Dizen at dizen@uiuc.edu or Yuri Sohn at ysohn@prairienet.org