Wed Apr 9: Last chance to join Intermediate Tango course

From: Ron Weigel (RonWeigel@aol.com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 18:05:08 CDT

    The last chance to join our Intermediate Tango class at the Phillips
    Recreation Center is tomorrow Wed April 9:

    Intermediate Tango (Salon Style)
    Topic: Navigation and Improvisation

    This course will emphasize constructing dance patterns from basic elements in
    salon style tango, with the goal of navigating around the dance floor. Thus,
    instead of teaching fixed step patterns, we will teach you tools for creating
    numerous combinations on your own. Concepts to be applied will include
    parallel and crossed feet walking, enfrente and outside partner positions,
    and alternative strategies for stops and changes of direction. Instruction
    will focus on use of adornments, ocho variations and stationary and
    progressive turns, within the context of improvisation and navigation. These
    topics will be covered within the framework of musicality and appropriate
    techniques for leading and following.

    Pre-requisite: Beginner course in tango, or acquisition of skills taught in a
    basic course.
    Dates:  Wednesdays April 2 - May 7 (6 weeks)
    Time:    8:30 - 10 PM
    Cost:    $36

    We have a good sized class, but the Phillips Center dance studio is large, so
    we can handle more.

    If you haven't already joined us, we hope to see you.

    Ron & Susana