ornament painting party

From: Ruth Ann Nichols (ruthannn@sws.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 10:31:48 CDT

    Well, it's that time of year again. With all the upcoming competitions in
    November, don't forget to mark your calendars for the 3rd(?) annual
    Ornament Painting Party on Sunday, November 17th. Starting at 1 pm and
    going to who knows when, just drop in any time. I have paints, brushes and
    some extra plaster ornaments. If you want to pick your own, or if you
    would like to paint something plaster that *isn't* an ornament, some good
    places to look are Michael's, Prairie Gardens, Jo-Ann's Fabrics and Crafts,
    Hobby Lobby, and Wal-Mart. This is a great way to get some inexpensive
    presents for the upcoming holidays or even birthdays.

    No doubt we will do something about food at some point, but bring cash in
    case we order in.

    Hope to see you there!

    (Allergy alert: two cats and one dog live here.)

    RuthAnn Nichols & Tanja Hodges
    712 Foley Avenue
    Champaign
    35 2-STEP (352-7837)

     From Campus (or anywhere east of Neil Street), take Green Street west to
    State Street (major street 2 blocks west of Neil Street going one-way
    south). Go left (south) on State one block to John Street and turn right
    (west). Foley is about 4 more blocks. Turn left (south) which is easy,
    because you CAN'T turn right. Foley does not go through to Green
    Street. House is on the left (east) side of the street, with beige siding
    and dark green trim and door. Just walk on in. We'll be having too much
    fun to answer the door.

    If you live west of Prospect Avenue, take Prospect to one block south of
    Green Street and turn east on John. Foley is the third street. Turn right
    (south), because you can't turn left (north). Foley does not go through to
    Green. House is on the left (east) side of the street, with beige siding
    and dark green trim and door. Just walk on in. We'll be having too much
    fun to answer the door.

    If you live between Neil Street and Prospect Avenue, just use whichever set
    of directions above that you prefer.