One less partner for the competition

From: charles joseph smith (cjsmith2@students.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 02:16:59 CDT

    Things are not good for me coming on dance competition day.

    I had good times with Regina. Not Regina Pareigis, but another Regina
    from Bloomington. We salsa danced the night away and we thought of dancing
    in the Dancing Illini competition. We tried to set up practice times for
    the competition and she was extremely angry because she was extremely busy
    with her family. She wasted gas money, real time, and patience because I
    did not call her for practice at least two days before the actual pratice.
    We were supposed to meet at the Krannert Center to practice but she was
    so late because of traffic and because of the rain.
    I did this three straight times and she had it.

    Hence, she told me at the Halloween salsa night that it will be no more.
    She is deciding to drop out of the competition because she needs more time
    to practice. She realizes that if she dances off time, it is all over. I
    lost the $15 dollars right there.

    She tells me that if I force her to go to the competition, she will call
    police and I will
    end up in jail, perhaps for up to five years.

    The only partner I have left is Lisa Hoppe, who will dance West Coast
    Swing with me.

    Hence, I am thinking of retiring from ballroom dancing after this
    Dancing Illini competition is over. For real!!!