Sheila and Dima: parents as well as dancers

From: charles joseph smith (cjsmith2@students.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2001 - 02:08:31 CDT

    I really miss Sheila and Dima Lebedenko highly. They were alumni from the
    Dancing Illini before they moved to California. Sheila was, at one time,
    a competition chair for one of the Dancing Illini competitions. Sheila
    and Dima, if you remember, were perhaps the first of the Dancing Illini
    members to compete as a ten-dance couple, just like Gary and Diane
    McDonald usually do. They were very good dancers at one time. And when
    they left the U. of I., it seemed something was missing from the Dancing
    Illini.

    Her first baby came out and she is now about 3 years old. Her name:
    Charlotta Lebedenko.
    She will be expecting her second child in June.

    You can see plenty of pictures of Sheila, and Dima, and her family, and
    of course, some of their dance pictures, at:

    http://www.geocities.com/netloma/albums/albums.html

    Some of the photos she has on the web were taken from the San Jose State
    University Dance Competition, which they competed. They competed in
    International Standard and International Latin, but I didn't know if they
    placed at the top.