Update: Tango Workshops with Erica Sutton Saturday

From: TangoLeon@AOL.COM
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 10:29:10 CDT

    C-U Tangueros and Aspiring Tangueros,

    Here is some additional information on the pre-milonga workshops with Erica
    Sutton on Saturday at the Phillips Recreation Center:

    (1) Women's Technique Workshop (5:45-7:15 PM)

    All levels welcome - beginners are encouraged to attend to build good habits
    early. There will be an emphasis on posture, balance, walking, style - not on
    steps per se.

    Men are welcome. One man asked me if he could attend and I told him 'yes' but
    that he'd have to wear a skirt, but Erica has said this is a follower's
    workshop and men can benefit from knowing what goals women have in dancing
    tango and this will make it easier for us to assist them.

    (2) Improvisation Workshop (7:30-9 PM)

    Bring your set patterns to demonstrate (e.g., the 27-count 'giro interminable
    con ganchos a la cabeza'). Erica will work with us to make them less
    predictable, enabling us to break down patterns and put together new
    combinations.

    The cost of the workshops is $15 for one workshop, $25 for 2, and includes
    admission to the milonga.

    Come to the workshops and stay for the milonga (9-12 PM: $3, if you come only
    for the milonga).

    See you all on Saturday.

    Leonardo