Re: Non-Dance: Fwd: TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES

From: Reza M. Etebari (reza_et@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 02:05:41 CDT

    It may seem strange for you that in Iran, Iranian had a moment of silence
    for victims of terrorism in the US, but aren't Iranians human? Iranians are
    like other people. They do have heart, they do have love and they do like
    peace.
    I'm an Iranian student. I was shocked by this tragedy, precisely like you
    and other Americans.
    We had a 8-years war and I think that one nation that has seen and
    experienced a war (and the longest war after World War II), more than the
    other people should hate war and violence. You may know that we have many
    injuries from terrorism. Seven of our diplamats were killed in Afghanisatn a
    few years ago. We don't have any news about some of our diplomats in Lebanon
    that were hijacked about 20 years ago by affiliated groupswith Israel, and I
    don't want to remind that on July 3, 1988 the cruiser USS Vincennes opened
    fire on a civilian Iran Air airbus as it crossed the Persian Gulf on a
    scheduled flight, killing all 290 people on board and so on. Weren't they
    human?!
    We love peace. We, like you and the other people, hate violence and war and
    we are in sympathy with the victims of any violence, done by anyone and
    anywhere.

    The great Persian poet Saadi defines best what we believe:
    Humans are parts of one body
    They have been created from a single jem
    If you do not care for others
    You do not deserve to be called human

    Reza