Re: Protein-ligand complex is coming out of the water box

From: Ashkan Shekaari (shekaari_at_email.kntu.ac.ir)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2021 - 06:30:22 CDT

Dear researcher,
As I mentioned before, ligand is very small, then:

    * timestep becomes very important, you presumably have to use timesteps less than 1
    * taking into account quantum mechanical considerations becomes very important depending on the problem
    * periodic interactions become very important, use boxes with > 20 Angstrom padding, or use spherical BCs for being more safe.

I have also seen people having exactly the same issue using GROMACS; therefore, it has nothing to do with the computational code you are working with.

---
,Best
Ashkan Shekaari
PhD Candidate in Solid State Physics
Department of Physics
K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, 15875-4416, Iran [ mailto:shekaari_at_email.kntu.ac.ir ] [ https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=LDzbXB4AAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate__;!!DZ3fjg!uTJZNZx1FuisMA2jYpHB7jK77HOf3qCyEKrIRXnBocvFN3I072JPsBm7qb8Y4pPMmg$ ]