Re: NAMD on AMD GPU

From: Josh Vermaas (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2021 - 15:21:01 CDT

One recommendation I would make is to fetch the source from
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://gitlab.com/tcbgUIUC/namd__;!!DZ3fjg!sVnR-VkbFz2CimbS9lhfT1U2oru1gBLmuFmpDwoZb1u-BHeZop13V649Dw1nyw-CkA$ . The bugs mentioned about energy
conservation are fixed in the master branch there. If rocfft.h can't be
found, either there is no ROCm library installed, or AMD changed the
directory layout *again*. The NAMD config file looks in /opt/rocm for
the rocm installation, however that may not be where it was installed on
your system. If this is the case, you'll need to set the --rocm-prefix
argument.

-Josh

--
Josh Vermaas