Re: Quantifying Error for Free Energy Calculations

From: Chris Chipot (chipot_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Thu May 06 2021 - 08:18:32 CDT

Hi, Ethan,

I am afraid we do not have a comprehensive, self-contained tool to do
error analyses of ABF calculations. The ingredients that you need is an
estimation of the correlation length of the force time series in a given
bin, and the standard deviation of the force. Once you have these
ingredients, you can propagate the error across the PMF, as spelled out
in dx.doi.org/10.1021/jp506633n.

Chris Chipot

--
Chris Chipot, Ph.D.
CNRS research director, University of Lorraine