Re: 3.0alpha9 CUDA version

From: David Hardy (dhardy_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2021 - 13:20:22 CDT

Hi Michael,

I just wanted to follow up in support of what Josh said. The NAMD License that we developed years ago with the university legal department allows much freedom to users, including monetarily free access to run the software and view the source code, along with some amount of reuse of the code. However, in order for us to not to be in violation of our own license when distributing NAMD, the license must be presented to the user in a “click-through” form, which is why access to the GitLab repository is protected in the way that it is.

As Josh stated, it is fine for you to obtain the NAMD source code through GitLab, even when your intention is simply to build NAMD yourself.

Best regards,
Dave

--
David J. Hardy, Ph.D.