Re: SMD negative forces

From: Joao Ribeiro (jribeiro_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2019 - 10:00:17 CDT

Hi Steve,

The reason that you are seeing the system getting back to the initial position is that the SMD relies on the timestep to evaluate the position of the dummy atom pulling the SMD atoms (“ where is the number of elapsed timesteps in the simulation and is the size of the timestep in femtoseconds.”

 https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.13/ug/node46.html and https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/namd/namd-tutorial-unix-html/node18.html)

To fix this, set the firstTimestep as the last timestep from the previous simulation.

I hope this helps

Best

João

João Vieira Ribeiro
Beckman Institute, University of Illinois

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~jribeiro/

jribeiro_at_illinois.edu

+1 (217) 3005851