Re: Maximum Timestep for NAMD

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2019 - 15:57:46 CST

OK, thanks for clarifying. You could definitely separate out the MTS
schemes for bonds, angles and dihedrals. But you won't gain much, because
once you go in the ~5 fs range angles and dihedrals start counting as
well. Note that all this is assuming a canonical atomistic force field for
proteins and other organic molecules.

If you have a system where bonds are clearly separated from the rest, you
may want to try more flexible MD engines (e.g. LAMMPS), where the RESPA
levels can be defined for each force field term. NAMD is optimized really
for one type of physical models.

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin