Re: Colvars Restraint Question

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2018 - 15:01:39 CDT

Oh, I was unaware that dummyAtom was a built-in colvars function - very
cool and convenient.

Ultimately the selection you make depends completely on why you want to
have a COM restraint. The previous response from Jerome seems to indicate
someone who wanted to define another colvar with respect to a frame of
reference that they wanted to remain intact. It would seem that covars can
do this automatically in many instances without recourse to an additional
translational bias.