Re: Proper use of psfgen "mutate"?

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2018 - 09:41:54 CDT

Yes - the problem, more or less, is that between the PDB and CHARMM IC
table there is too much information for psfgen to figure things out. I just
wanted to be sure there was not some special usage of mutate that would
cleverly do the mapping for me.

Deleting the coordinates is about as equally hands-on (but certainly more
elegant) than what I did with pdbalias. If I needed to script this for
multiple sidechains, that sounds like the best route.

We might be able to improve/automate this in future versions of psfgen
if/when we get the maximum common substructure routines implemented.

Thanks,
Brian