Re: NAMD-CUDA GPU workload

From: David Hardy (dhardy_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2018 - 11:33:06 CDT

Dear Yu,

Part of the problem is that NAMD 2.12, to balance your fast GPU, requires a lot of CPU support, well beyond an AMD 8-core CPU.

We will soon (within the next week or two) be releasing the first beta of NAMD 2.13. The new release will allow you to offload all of the force calculation to the GPU, which should increase your GPU usage.

Best regards,
Dave

--
David J. Hardy, Ph.D.