Re: ORCA GPUs

From: Gerard Rowe (GerardR_at_usca.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2018 - 09:14:41 CDT

The NAMD side of things won't benefit from CUDA in a QM/MM situation because the bottleneck is the QM calculation. MOPAC does support GPU acceleration for systems after a certain atom number cutoff (100+, I think). If you want a GPU accelerated QM/MM calculation, you need to use the conventional NAMD build and specify the GPU accelerated MOPAC in the QM setup. Orca doesn't have GPU support at this time.

-Gerard