Re:

From: David Hardy (dhardy_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2018 - 04:22:03 CDT

Hi Darin,

The CPU-only builds of NAMD provided for download are statically linked, so no environment variable is required, other than setting PATH to include the directory of the namd2 binary.

The CUDA builds of NAMD provided for download must dynamically link to the CUDA libraries. These are included in the same directory as the namd2 binary, which for Linux requires you to modify LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include that directory.

Best regards,
Dave

--
David J. Hardy, Ph.D.