Re: SWM4-NDP PSF File

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2018 - 21:22:26 CDT

Dave is right, but I was more arguing that those entries possibly don't
actually matter because internally the hosts are inferred/imposed by the
specialized routines and not taken from the PSF (this is at least true for
4 point models in order to support AMBER topologies, which don't contain
lonepair host entries).

It didn't occur to me, but of course makes perfect sense, that the Drude
particle is not in the host list because it has no bearing on the bisector
placement. With that in mind, you could check my supposition by arbitrarily
changing one of the SWM4 host indices and seeing if NAMD complains. It's
possible that it will notice that a set of indices don't match the expected
pattern and then raise an error. In retrospect I would prefer to be wrong
and have this be the case.

BKR