Re: Rattle algorithm Constraint failure - Reg

From: David Hardy (dhardy_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2018 - 09:31:19 CDT

Dear Manikadan,

Obviously, this is due to running a vacuum bounded system with a barostat. The combination is not generally compatible. If you configure your simulation to output the cell basis vectors every step, you should see a substantial change in their lengths. The error is due to these lengths shrinking to the extent that it invalidates the original domain decomposition of the system.

Best regards,
Dave

--
David J. Hardy, Ph.D.