Re: NAMD Error

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2018 - 15:17:16 CDT

I frequently encounter similar problems with systems that size - most of
NAMD's performance heuristics are simply not designed for something small.

You can try increasing the margin (maybe 1 or 2?) or pairlistdist (16?
18?). You will probably also have less trouble without temperature control.

In general, I've never seen any stability benefit from heating a system
slowly versus all at once. There might be good reasons to heat a biopolymer
from a crystal structure, but for water this is almost certainly a waste of
time.

HTH,
BKR