Re: restrain lateral movement during ABF

From: Olya Kravchenko (ovkrav_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 17 2018 - 16:47:13 CDT

Hi Jerome,

thank you, I appreciate your help! I did not realize that it doesn't have
to be specific to the axis. My protein does not rotate, I use backbone
restrain for everything except the channel where I measure PMF.

My input file is below, does it look right? Also, do I understand it
correctly that in order to restrict the movement in the plane perpendicular
to distance colvar I have to use (1.0, 1.0, 0.0), while vertical movement
is restricted by distance colvar (i.e. I do not need to indicate
(1.0, 1.0, 1.0) in the distanceXY).

colvarsTrajFrequency 500
colvarsRestartFrequency 5000

colvar {
   name IonDistance

   width 0.1

   lowerboundary 70.0
   upperboundary 74.0

   lowerwallconstant 100.0
   upperwallconstant 100.0

   distance {
   oneSiteTotalForce
      group1 {
         atomnumbers { 66463 }
      }
      group2 {
         dummyAtom (1.485, -0.486, -0.418)
      }
   }
}

colvar {
   name distanceXY

   width 0.1

   lowerboundary 0.0
   upperboundary 5.0
   upperwallconstant 100.0

   distanceXY {
     ref {
    atomnumbers {dummyAtom (1.485, -0.486, -0.418) }
     }
     main {
      atomnumbers { 66463 }
     }