Re: Too many iterations in routine jacobi.

From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2017 - 01:58:42 CDT

Hi Giacomo:
In the hope that it turns useful also to the readers, I can add:
:

> If the number of atoms involved is too few (which ones?)

In this protein-ligand FEP, the reference structure is the ligand for which
/\G0 is sought, with all atoms, except methyl H-atoms (total ca 50 atoms).

> or in general if you come into an issue with linearly-dependent vectors in
> the associated matrix

you have noticed that the error only comes out when RATTLE (ts=2.0fs) is
activated, not at "rigidbons water" ts=1.0fs.

a flexible structure but not one that changes too much internally

the ensemble (protein + ligands) is quite stable in unbiased MD for over
600ns at ts=1.0fs. FF for the ligands was built at the state of the art (ab
initio, fitting of both dihedrals and water interaction). The organic
ligand for which /\G0 is sought has two quite flexible side chains at a
relatively rigid, complex body. During the 600ns MD, the conformation of
the ligand side chains does not visibly change.

Thanks

francesco