Re: Too many iterations in routine jacobi.

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2017 - 12:49:56 CDT

Hi Francesco, this is an error that occurs in the RMSD fitting -
orientational alignment routine. If the number of atoms involved is too
few (which ones?), or in general if you come into an issue with
linearly-dependent vectors in the associated matrix, the error comes out.

Ideally, you want more than 4 atoms for an orientational fit, and a
flexible structure but not one that changes too much internally (i.e.
protein unfolding would also raise an error).

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin
http://goo.gl/Q3TBQU