Re: Defining custom Colvars to measure pmf with Umbrella Sampling

From: Hemanth Vemuri (hemanthvemuri1997_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2017 - 01:34:15 CDT

Brian,
What i meant was that i did not find a suitable collective variable
components on which i can apply harmonic biasing method to run Umbrella
sampling. I did not understand what you meant by saying "you just count the
number of waters that meet your criterion", are there any other collective
variable components that help us do this? since i am new to namd and MD
simulations, it would be very helpful if you could point me to some
resources regarding this.
I referred to this (
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/science/channel/channel-tut.pdf)
tutorial to run Umbrella sampling in namd

Thanks for advice,

 Hemanth Vemuri,
undergraduate student
Center for Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics,
International Institute of Information Technology,
Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500 032
Telangana, India