Re: Defining custom Colvars to measure pmf with Umbrella Sampling

From: Radak, Brian K (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2017 - 11:16:49 CDT

This does not make sense to me - there is very much a collective variable to describe the number of waters as a reaction coordinate - you just count the number of waters that meet your criterion. Whether or not you can apply a bias to this coordinate is a different question, but this does not seem to be what you are asking.

Your question seems more related to analysis than simulation setup using NAMD or colvars. Am I misunderstanding?

Brian Radak
Postdoctoral Appointee
Leadership Computing Facility
Argonne National Laboratory