Re: GaMD in NAMD

From: Chitrak Gupta (chgupta_at_mix.wvu.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2017 - 08:43:37 CDT

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for the suggestion.I am looking to study the binding of a peptide
(~30 residues) to a lipid bilayer. The reason why we aren't using something
like ABF is because it is really hard to define a reaction coordinate for
our problem. We also speculate the binding leads to some partial secondary
structure formation. Since aMD has been able to tackle protein folding in
solution, we are thinking about using GaMD for our purpose. What's your
take on this?