Re: TMD: initial and targeted structure does not have same number of atoms

From: Jeff Comer (jeffcomer_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2017 - 10:15:39 CST

What you need is to copy the coordinates from the target structure to
the simulation structure to produce a new structure with the same
atoms as the simulation structure but with the protein positioned as
in the target. You can do this with VMD:

mol new target_struct.pdb
set s0 [atomselect top "protein and name CA"]

mol new sim_struct.psf
mol addfile sim_struct_init.pdb
set s1 [atomselect top "protein and name CA"]

# Check that your selections have the same number of atoms.
puts "[$s0 num] [$s1 num]"
# Copy the coordinates
$s1 set {x y z} [$s0 get {x y z}]

# Write the result.
set all [atomselect top all]
$all writepdb sim_struct_target.pdb

Jeffrey Comer, PhD
Assistant Professor
Institute of Computational Comparative Medicine
Nanotechnology Innovation Center of Kansas State
Kansas State University
Office: P-213 Mosier Hall
Phone: 785-532-6311
Website: http://jeffcomer.us