Re: Constraint bonds that does not include hydrogrens

From: Karteek Bejagam (karteek4_at_vt.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 30 2016 - 18:14:17 CST

Hello Jeff,

I have modified the NAMD code as suggested and built it again.
Now, I could see the bonds are constrained. Thanks a lot for the
suggestions.

I have an additional question with the martini FF.
I have simulated the trajectory and determined the dielectric constant
using the formula ( from the fluctuations of dipole moment).

Dielectric constant comes around 16.6 instead of ~64. I was wondering do
we need to multiply with a factor of 4 (equivalent of AA water molecules).
I could able to see the dipole moment distribution coming out consistent
with that of paper, so there may be any problem in determining the
dielectric constant.

Do we need to multiply the factor of 4?

Thanks in advance,
Karteek