PDB File of Primary structure and Simulation

From: Emerson Macedo (emacedo1_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 02 2016 - 11:19:18 CDT

Hi, NAMD experts!

I'm new with NAMD and Molecular Dynamics simulations.

So, please, bear with if my question is trivial, but I could not find clear
answers in my search on the web. Or, maybe, my queries are not clear enough.

So, here it is: how can I generate a PDB file with a extended structure
(primary structure) of protein and use it with NAMD?

Here's another: if I "obtain/generate" the above (extended) PDB file, is it
enough to use it in this NAMD Tutorial
<http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/namd/namd-tutorial-unix-html/namd-tutorial-unix.html>,
say for a small protein, and get a simple simulation result similar to this
one presented NAMD and Protein Folding
<http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/folding/#villin> page?

Any guidance will be very much appreciated.

My best regards,
Emerson.