Re: SMD restraints

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 15 2016 - 13:17:17 CST

Hi Caley, please respond to the mailing list.

The addgroup and addforce keywords are documented fairly clearly in my
opinion, so I guess what you're asking is how to test whether the code will
work as you expect.

I would recommend a simple test by computing the COM of those atoms in VMD
(see the doc for the measure command there) and then printing the same COM
with NAMD.

FYI, watch out for possible issues with PBCs and wrapping of atoms.

Giacomo