Re: gradual heating problem

From: Brian Radak (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Sun May 08 2016 - 11:04:31 CDT

How did you initialize velocities? The thermostat does not control
initial conditions.

Also, it's very hard to hold most systems at such low temperature -
normal dynamics should repartition potential energy into kinetic energy
very quickly.

I stopped heating from temperatures below 250 K or so a long time ago
because the system would often naturally heat up faster than my
increment (it's hard to say if your choice of 100 steps will overcome
this). I generally only use these kinds of protocols for annealing up to
600 K or so and then ramping down the temperature afterward.

HTH,
Brian

--
Brian Radak