Re: water box has a weird shape

From: Ana Celia Vila Verde (acavilaverde_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2016 - 02:40:47 CDT

Hi Farideh,

Most likely your water box is too large for the water you have, so the
water is not uniformly distributed through out the box (i.e., you have
an "air" bubble). When these bubbles are big, it takes a while to
equilibrate them, so you're better off just restarting your simulation
with the appropriate box size.

Calculate the density of water in your simulation: you can get the final
volume from the box dimensions in the xcs file, or from the log file),
and remove the volume of the protein, if it's large (just assume it's a
sphere). If the number you get is far from 1 g/cm^3, then this is the
problem.

I hope it helps,

Ana