Opinions on Haptic Feedback Devices with NAMD/VMD

From: Ben Fritch (fritchben_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 24 2016 - 14:29:02 CDT

Hi,

I am looking into purchasing a haptic feedback device to use with NAMD
simulations. These simulations will involve pulling on different proteins
under various conditions and will be similar to the tutorial, "Stretching
Deca-Alanine". I know the NAMD tutorial on interactive molecular dynamics
suggests the Sensable PHANTOM device, but I am curious to hear the opinions
and recommendations from those who have experience with a particular haptic
feedback device using NAMD/VMD.

Thanks,
Ben