Re: PBC in lipid bilayer: receptor vs. ligand

From: R. Charbel MAROUN (charbel.maroun_at_inserm.fr)
Date: Thu Jan 28 2016 - 11:03:17 CST

Hi,

Indeed, I played with the pbc parameters. I think I got the solution
with "all" as the unwrap option:

> set cell
{76.105133 86.859406 165.689102 90.000000 90.000000 90.000000}
> pbc set {76.105133 86.859406 165.689102 90.000000 90.000000 90.000000}
> -now
> pbc unwrap -sel all
1.3% complete (frame 1)
100.0% complete (frame 149)

That keeps receptor AND ligand together.

After that I saved all atoms of all frames of the modified trajectory in
dcd format using File Save Trajectory (Save all at once). But when
reading the new trajectory back into VMD, I observe that the first frame
is OK, but as time goes by, the water bi-layer literally "explodes" into
an enormous disk-like bi-layer (I'm using the same psf file). Any clues?
Another way to save a trajectory? (Maybe I should file this problem
under another thread).

Cheers.

PS Yes, I had the whole trajectory loaded.

---
R. Charbel MAROUN, Ph.D., H.D.R.
UMR-S INSERM U1204/UEVE
Structure et activité des biomolécules