Re: RATTLE Error During Minimization of Charmm Gui Generated Bilayer

From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 17 2015 - 19:49:32 CST

Actually, psfgen can handle resids > 9999 in the psf file. The problem is
that the coordpdb command relies on the truncated resid in the pdb file,
so you end up re-assigning the same residue multiple times. The trick is
to load the exactly corresponding pdb file at the same time as the
(extended-column-width) psf file via:

   readpsf mymol.psf pdb mymol.pdb

In this case the atoms in the pdb file are assumed to exactly match the
atoms in the psf file, in the same order, just as VMD would assume. You
can also read binary coordinate files the same way:

   readpsf mymol.psf pdb mymol.pdb namdbin mymol.coor

2.11 and the upcoming VMD also support velnamdbin. See readpsf at
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.11b2/ug/node19.html

Jim