Re: query for system size in pmf calculation

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 20 2015 - 08:52:35 CST

Hello Atanu and Souvik, in principle you can change the dimensions of the
water layer for as long as they do not affect the PMF. If the peptide has
some charged residues or zwitterionic termini, I wouldn't recommend that,
though.

Notice in general for peptide-membrane insertions that:
a) you need a large bilayer to accommodate the changes in area per lipid,
and the cost associated to compression of the lipids is non-negligible
anyway;
b) you are looking into a rather complex process, for which a single
collective variable may not be enough and you may need a very long sampling
time.

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin