Re: Rigid bonds and non-bonded energy

From: Grzegorz Nawrocki (aksonik_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 20 2015 - 11:09:20 CDT

I play with a small box of water, i.e. about 2.5 nm edge. Generate an
output structure with rigid bonds and use it as an input. Repeat this until
input and output are exactly the same. The electrostatic and VDW energies
are equal to -15731 and 29873.3 [kJ/mol], respectively. Then I turn off
rigid bonds (input and output structures are always the same) and the
energies are -15729.9 and 29872.9. This kind of difference I am talking
about.

--
Grzegorz Nawrocki