Re: atom types in PSF/PRM/RTF

From: Hannes Loeffler (Hannes.Loeffler_at_stfc.ac.uk)
Date: Thu May 28 2015 - 13:19:14 CDT

Many thanks. But I think it goes without question that there needs to
be internal consistency between the files.

Anyway, I have looked through the source of c38b1 and the character
lenghts of atom types are A4 in the traditional format and A6 in the
extended format. The data type is CHARACTER which I would expect to be
ASCII but maybe there are differences with different compilers. In any
case, this should, in principal at least, give a wide range of possible
characters.