From: Marawan Hussien (marawanhussain_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 22 2015 - 16:08:16 CDT
ImmediatePostdoctoral Position Opening In Dr. Khaled Barakat’s Lab, Faculty Of Pharmacy,University Of Alberta.
Specialization:Computational ChemistryAnd Computer-Aided Drug Design (CADD).
Term: One year with a possibility of a renewalfor an additional year.
A one-year immediate postdoctoralposition is available in the computational chemistry and drug discovery lab ofDr. Khaled Barakat at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Alberta, Canada. Successful applicants will employ state-of-the-artcomputational techniques and high performance computing facilities accessibleby the lab to work on various protein-protein interactions and drug discoveryprojects.
Applicants must have an outstandingrecord of research achievements, strong communication skills, and an ability tocollaborate effectively. Applicants must hold a PhD in computational chemistry,computer aided drug design or a closely related field. Applicants must have provenexpertise in computational tools and approaches for drug design, such asstructure-based and ligand-based drug design, homology modeling and moleculardynamics, in silico screening (both structure-based and ligand-based), hit2leadand lead optimization.
Thefollowing skills are essential:
1. Understandingthe biophysical concepts behind protein-protein interactions and protein-ligandinteractions.
2. Familiaritywith high performance computing facilities.
3. Indepth knowledge of biomolecular simulation techniques, including but notlimited to, classical molecular dynamics, ab initio calculations and QM/MMtechniques, homology modelling, protein-protein docking and protein-liganddocking.
4. Outstandingexperience with the various software packages for atomistic biological simulations,such as AMBER, NAMD, GROMACS, Schrodinger, VMD and MOE, etc.
5. Profoundexperience with python scripting is a must. Perl or Tcl will be advantageous.
6. Atleast four first author publications in the aforementioned fields in highimpact Journals.
7. Abilityto perform effectively and successfully under pressure is significantlyimportant.
The contract will be initially for oneyear, renewed upon mutual agreement and performance assessment.
To apply for this position, please sendyour most updated CV and a brief statement of research interests, along withthe names and contact information of at least three referees, to: Dr.Khaled Barakat (email: kbarakat_at_ualberta.ca)
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.6 : Tue Dec 27 2016 - 23:21:01 CST