Re: FATAL ERROR: DIDN'T FIND vdW PARAMETER FOR ATOM TYPE OC2D2

From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 18 2015 - 17:42:03 CDT

Hi Sadegh,

toppar_waters_ions_fixed.str (and the original toppar_waters_ions.str)
have NBFIX lines to correct sodium interactions with various carbonyl
oxygens, including those found in lipids and carbohydrates. NAMD
encounters these entries, sees that it doesn't know about the atomtypes
specified in the NBFIX entries, and throws the error you got. You can
either add parameter files as Jeff suggests, or comment out the
offending NBFIX entries.

-Josh Vermaas