Re: Dihedral definition in NAMD

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 10 2015 - 06:28:26 CDT

The center of mass is not mentioned explicitly for all components, but
these are all consistent with the distance:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.10/ug/node57.html#SECTION000134110000000000000
i.e. the groups' centers-of-mass are used to define individual points.

The only occasion where centers of geometry are used is for rotational fits.

Regarding the dihedral definition, how about taking a look at Figure 2 in
the same Wikipedia article?

--
Giacomo Fiorin
Assistant Professor of Research