Re: scaling non-bonded interactiion parameter for specific pairs

From: Jeff Comer (jeffcomer_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2015 - 13:58:31 CST

Hi Mehran,

"I was wondering if there is a way to scale Lj parameter only for
specific pairs". CHARMM-format parameter files contain NBFIX sections
that allow you to set LJ parameters for specific pairs. For instance,
the Luo and Roux corrections to obtain correct osmotic pressure for
NaCl and KCl solutions:

NBFIX
! Emin Rmin
! (kcal/mol) (A)
SOD CLA -0.083875 3.731 ! From osmotic pressure
calibration, J. Phys.Chem.Lett. 1:183-189
POT CLA -0.114236 4.081 ! From osmotic pressure
calibration, J. Phys.Chem.Lett. 1:183-189

Note that for NBFIX you give Rmin and not Rmin/2 as in the NONBONDED
section of CHARMM parameter files.

Jeff

Jeffrey Comer, PhD
Assistant Professor
Institute of Computational Comparative Medicine
Nanotechnology Innovation Center of Kansas State
Kansas State University
Office: P-213 Mosier Hall
Phone: 785-532-6311