Re: making dipeptides with psfgen - CMAP terms?

From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2015 - 13:53:04 CST

Hi Brian,

This is RESI ASP from the topology file:

BOND CB CA CG CB OD2 CG
BOND N HN N CA C CA C +N
BOND CA HA CB HB1 CB HB2
DOUBLE O C CG OD1
IMPR N -C CA HN C CA +N O
IMPR CG CB OD2 OD1
CMAP -C N CA C N CA C +N

You'll note that the items being skipped are those with -C or +N because
there is no previous or later patch. The CMAP you want should be added by
the ACED patch, but it requires that the CT3 patch also be applied to
create the NT atom. The logic in psfgen applies ACED, then CT3.

Actually, psfgen doesn't appear to do anything with cross-terms in patches
because it's missing those lines, which would cause ACE, ACED, ACP, ACPD,
and CT3 termini to be missing cross-terms. This was an easy fix, and I
have also reversed the order to apply last (CT3) before first (ACED).

The fix will be in the Feb 18 NAMD nightly build standalone psfgen.
Please let me know if that does or does not resolve your problem.

Thank you very much for catching and reporting this!

Jim